Building Services • (559) 324-2390
8 AM – 4 PM • Mon – Fri
Clovis Building Permits and Inspections
The Building Division is created under Title 8 of the Clovis Municipal Code with further authority provided by the State of California building statutes and applicable federal codes. It is the Division’s responsibility to provide to the community minimum standards to safeguard health, property, and public welfare by regulating the design, construction, quality of materials, use occupancy, accessibility, location, and maintenance of all buildings and structures within the City.
To request a time for Inspections, please go to the CSS portal (click here), and complete the following steps.
- Go to the top of the page and click on Today’s Inspections.
- Look for your permit number,
- Look at who your inspector for the day is. Their phone number will be next to their name.
- Call the inspector to see what times are available.
Please note: Inspectors may not be able to accommodate your time request due to work load.
Permit Links and Login
For Information regarding the topics listed below, click here.
- Building Permit Inspection Request
- Building Permit Online Payments
- Building Permit Query/Search
- Building Permit Registration
- Contractors State License Board
- Energy Code Ace
- Permit/Plan Review Query/Search
- Today’s Building Inspections
Building Code Information
- California Building Plumbing, Electric, Mechanical, Fire Code 2022
- Residential Building Code 2022
- California Green Code 2022
- California Energy Code 2022
- Wind Exposure 85 mph
- Seismic Design Category D
- Climate Zone 13
- Exposure C
- Soil 1500psi
- Roof Load depends on kind of roof material
- Yearly Rain – 3”
- Snow Load – 0
Effective September 30, 2023, there will be three ways to submit for a photovoltaic permit.
- Submitting plans and applications in person for review and approval.
- Submitting plans through the online process for review and approval. Use this link to start the process: https://css.cityofclovis.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/home.
- Submitting for an automated real-time photovoltaic permit for new residential roof-mounted photovoltaic systems. Use this link to start the real-time process: https://css.cityofclovis.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService#/home.
NOTE: The 3rd method is for contractors only (Owner builders are required to use method 1 or 2)
Methods 1 and 2 are existing processes and will have no changes to their workflow.
Method 3 must meet the Eligibility List and City of Clovis Solar Bulletin 2023-01 provided below.
All residential roof-mounted and ground-mounted photovoltaic permits will have a new fee structure on the Building web page at https://cityofclovis.com/planning-and-development/building/. See 2023 Code Notice to Industry – Letter 1.
2022 California Building Code Update
Information and Applications
- Building Permit Application – Residential
- Building Permit Application – Commercial
- Building Plan Change/Addendum Request Form
- Building Permit Legal Declaration
- Electronic Plan Submittal Information
- Expedited Permit Process for PV Systems
- Expedited Plan Review Policy
- Fire Sprinkler Submittal Information
- Inspection Requests
- Minimum Submittal Requirements for Roof Mounted PV System
- Notice to Owner-Builder
- Owner Builder Disclosure Form
- Patio Cover Plan
- Plot Plan Form
- Public Records Request
- Re-roofing Procedures and Inspections
- Remodel/Alterations/Additions Requirements
- Permit Cancellation Form
- Residential Re-Roofing Cool Roof Requirements
- Application for Unreasonable Hardship Exception to Accessibility Requirements
- Plot Plan Instructions
- Residential & Non-Residential Checklist for Permitting EVSE V4
- Residential Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Approved C & D Hauler List
- Self-Haul C & D Diversion Plan
- SFR Minimum Submittal Requirements
- Shed Requirements
- Swimming Pool Inspections
- Waste Management Plan Instructions
- Waste Management Plan Program Requirements