Clovis Fire Department • (559) 324-2200 • For all emergencies, please dial 911
About Clovis FD
About the Department
The Fire Department is responsible for providing Fire Suppression, Technical Rescue, Hazardous Materials Spill/Release Mitigation, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Life Safety and Enforcement Services and Emergency Preparedness for the citizens of Clovis. This responsibility includes the following functions: fire protection; emergency medical services; urban search and rescue; high angle, trench, water and confined space rescue; hazardous condition mitigation; strategic planning; administration; fire cause and origin investigations; code enforcement; public education; emergency preparedness; disaster response and coordination. These responsibilities are distributed through two bureaus and eight divisions. The Department continues to promote sound planning, economic efficiency, and effective use of the City resources while providing essential and valuable services.
Fire Administration and Support Services Division
The Fire Administration & Support Services Division is responsible for administering the Accreditation Program, development and administration of the Fire Department Budget. Fire Administration and Support Services provides administrative analysis, report preparation, coordination of programs, incident response data management, time keeping, and other routine duties performed daily that support the delivery of emergency and non-emergency services. Administration and Support Services also identifies, writes and manages grants to supplement funding for all Department programs.
Clovis Fire Department Quick Facts
- Population Protected: 110,273
- Square Miles Served: 24.36
- City General Fund Budget 16/17: $65.5 million
- Fire Department Budget 16/17: $14.4 million
- Cost per Capita served: $131
- Property Loss in 2017: $2.8 million
- Number of Calls for Service 2017: 9,813
- ISO Rating: 2
- Number of Fire Stations: 5
- Minimum Staffing per Shift and Ranks: 16 Total
- 1 Battalion Officer
- 5 Captains
- 5 Engineers
- 5 Firefighters (1 Chief Officer, 1 Truck, and 4 Engine Companies
- Number of Sworn Budgeted Personnel: 61
- Number of Non-Sworn Budgeted Personnel: 5 Full-Time and 3 Part-Time
For additional information, please download the Clovis Fire Department Annual Report.