Social Media Use Policy
The content of City Social Media sites shall only pertain to City-sponsored or City-endorsed programs, services, and events. Content includes, but is not limited to, information, photographs, videos, and hyperlinks.
The City shall have full permission or rights to any content posted by the City, including photographs and videos.
Postings to City Social Media sites shall NOT contain any of the following:
- Comments that are not topically related to the particular posting being commented upon.
- Comments in support of, or opposition to, political campaigns, candidates or ballot measures.
- Profane language or content.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Solicitations of commerce.
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public system.
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
City Social Media sites may contain content, including but not limited to, advertisements or hyperlinks over which the City has no control. The City does not endorse any hyperlink or advertisement placed on City social media sites by the social media site’s owners, vendors, or partners.
The City reserves the right to change, modify, or amend all or part of this policy at any time.
The City reserves the right to terminate any City Social Media site at any time without notice.
If you have questions about the Social Media Use Policy please email Chadm@CityofClovis.com