Clovis Animal Services

Dedicated to the wellbeing of animals throughout the City of Clovis, Clovis Animal Services (CAS) is proud to work alongside our community members in pursuit of a pivotal vision: building a model community for animal care. 

A division of the Clovis Police Department, CAS offers a number of animal related services to our community including lost pet assistance, emergency rescue, and a safe, loving environment for animals in need.

Animal Receiving & Care Center

The Clovis Animal Receiving & Care Center works to return lost animals to their owners.  When that’s not possible, the division works to place unclaimed animals with new owners through the adoption program at the Miss Winkles Pet Adoption Center.

Response Team

The Clovis Animal Response Team responds to citizen requests regarding animals who are in distress, roaming, injured, or may be a danger to the public.  This team actively provides residents with information about animal care and good pet owner practices.

Miss Winkles Pet Adoption Center

Miss Winkles Pet Adoption Center believes that pets help make a family complete. If a pet is not able to be reunited with its owner through the Clovis Animal Receiving & Care Center, it comes to Miss Winkles for adoption and a new loving home.

Clovis Animal Licenses

Currently, the City of Clovis requires owners to license their dog(s) or Vietnamese potbellied pig(s) over the age of 4 months. Clovis does require that any animal, except a cat, shall be restrained with a leash. The owner of a Vietnamese potbellied must also show registration with a nationally recognized registry to assure that the animal is a potbellied pig and not an agricultural variety at the time they register with the City.

If you have a current dog or Vietnamese potbellied pig license with another governmental agency and your dog/pig has a current rabies vaccination, you are not required to pay a license fee until that license expires. You must, however, register your dog(s)/pig(s) with the City within 10 days after becoming a resident of Clovis. You will be given a transferred license tag at a cost of seven dollars ($7.00). 

All dog owners are required to provide their dog(s) with collars to which the license tag can be attached. All dogs are required to wear their tag at all times. Vietnamese potbellied pigs are not required to wear their tag but the owner must show proof of licensing. If you lose your animal’s tag a replacement tag can be purchased for two dollars ($2.00).

How to Obtain an Animal License

You may visit City Hall during the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM and purchase a license in person at the cashier’s window. You can pay by cash, check, or credit card. City Hall is located at 1033 Fifth Street, Clovis, CA 93612. 
— OR —
You can mail a copy of the rabies certificate and spay/neuter certificate, along with a check or money order, to 1233 Fifth Street, Clovis, CA 93612  ATTN: Dog License. Your request will be processed and returned to you in approximately 10 business days.

Please note that proof of spay or neuter (a spay/neuter certificate) must be included in your request, in order to be eligible for the decreased license rates. If proof of spay/neuter was provided at the time of a previous license and has already been recorded, you will only need to show an updated rabies certificate for a new license.

Dog License Fees

Spayed or Neutered

  • One-Year License: $5
  • Two-Year License: $10
  • Three- Year License: $15
  • Replacement Tag: $2
  • License Transfer: $7
  • Senior Owner 1-yr License (Unaltered/Altered): $5

Not Spayed or Neutered

  • One-Year License: $35
  • Two-Year License: N/A
  • Three- Year License: N/A
  • Replacement Tag: $2
  • License Transfer: $7