Animal Services • (559) 324-2450
The Animal Services’ Response Team offers its assistance in many situations, including barking and roaming dogs, lost animals, injured animals, and wildlife concerns that occur within the city limits.
Miss Winkles Adoption Center
Miss Winkles Pet Adoption Center believes that pets help make a family complete. We work with you to find the pet that will bring your family joy, laughter, happiness and companionship for many years to come.
Clovis Animal Licenses
Currently, the City of Clovis requires owners to license their dog(s) or Vietnamese potbellied pig(s) over the age of 4 months. Clovis does require that any animal, except a cat, shall be restrained with a leash. The owner of a Vietnamese potbellied must also show registration with a nationally recognized registry to assure that the animal is a potbellied pig and not an agricultural variety at the time they register with the City.
If you have a current dog or Vietnamese potbellied pig license with another governmental agency and your dog/pig has a current rabies vaccination, you are not required to pay a license fee until that license expires. You must, however, register your dog(s)/pig(s) with the City within 10 days after becoming a resident of Clovis. You will be given a replacement license tag at a cost of five dollars ($5.00).
All dog owners are required to provide their dog(s) with collars to which the license tag can be attached. All dogs are required to wear their tag at all times. Vietnamese potbellied pigs are not required to wear their tag but the owner must show proof of licensing. If you lose your animal’s tag a replacement tag can be purchased for one dollar ($1.00).
How to Obtain an Animal License
There are four ways to obtain a license for your dog.
- You may visit City Hall during the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. and purchase a license in person at the cashier’s window. You can pay by cash, check, or credit card.
- You may visit the Animal Receiving & Care Center located at 908 Villa Avenue (behind Letterman Park) during the hours of 1 p.m. and 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. You can pay by cash, check, or credit card.
- You may visit the Miss Winkles Pet Adoption Center at 85 Temperance Avenue (Temperance and Sierra Avenues) during the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday. You can pay by cash, check, or credit card.
- You can mail a copy of the rabies certificate and spay/neuter certificate, along with a check or money order, to 1033 Fifth Street, Clovis, CA 93612. Your request will be processed and returned to you in approximately 10 business days.
You will need to bring or mail a copy of the rabies certificate and proof of spaying/neutering (if applicable) when licensing your animal.
Dog License Fees
Spayed or Neutered
- One-Year License: $5
- Two-Year License: $10
- Three- Year License: $15
- Replacement Tag: $1
- License Transfer: $5
- Senior Owner 1-yr License (Unaltered/Altered): $5
Not Spayed or Neutered
- One-Year License: $25
- Two-Year License: N/A
- Three- Year License: N/A
- Replacement Tag: N/A
- License Transfer: N/A
- Senior Owner 1-yr License (Unaltered/Altered): N/A