Administration • (559) 324-2060
8 AM – 4:30 PM • MON – FRI
The Clovis City Clerk’s Office
The City Clerk performs various professional and managerial duties according to Statute, Municipal Code, requests of citizens, and the needs of various city departments. Primary duties include the following major categories:
Elections – As Elections Official, the City Clerk conducts the entire election process. Voter registration and voting is coordinated with Fresno County Clerks Election Division.
Legislative Administration – The City Clerk facilitates the execution of official and legislative processes. This includes administering provisions of the Political Reform Act of 1974, attesting to the passing of resolutions and ordinances, and participating in all City Council meetings.
Records Management – The City Clerk’s Office records official actions and legislation of the municipal government, documenting the proceedings of meetings and retaining other legal and historical records. Records are maintained while providing appropriate public access to government business.
The City Clerk manages the proper maintenance and disposition of City records and information according to statute, and helps to preserve City history.
Fair Political Practices Commission Ticket Reporting
The State of California’s Fair Political Practices Commission instituted a new regulation effective February 7, 2009, as outlined in Section 18944.1 defining how a public agency may distribute event tickets and passes for a public purpose. To do so require that the City adopt a ticket policy that contains, at a minimum, the following:
- A provision setting forth the governmental purposes of the City to be accomplished by the distribution of event passes or tickets;
- A provision requiring that the distribution of any ticket or pass by the City to, or at the behest of, a City official accomplish a public purpose of the City; and
- A provision prohibiting the transfer by any City official of any ticket or pass, distributed to such official pursuant to the City policy, to any other person, other than members of the official’s immediate family solely for their personal use.
In order to fully implement the requirements of the new regulation, the City Council adopted the Policy on Distribution, Use, and Reporting of Passes and Tickets. In addition to including the provisions outlined above, the policy acknowledges the obligation imposed by the new regulation that the City post certain information regarding the distribution of tickets and passes prominently on the City website.
For questions related to this new regulation, you may wish to contact the FPPC directly at their toll-free number: 1-866-ASK-FPPC (1-866-275-3772) or write to the FPPC at 428 J Street, Suite 620, Sacramento, CA 95814 or on the internet: http://www.fppc.ca.gov/.
Fireworks Application Notice (3/15/2022)
In accordance with CMC 4.7.03(g), notice is hereby given that vacancies currently exist for two (2) eligible organizations to operate booths for the sale of Safe and Sane fireworks. The City of Clovis allows the sale of Safe and Sane fireworks operated by 31 non-profit enterprises meeting the specifications in Clovis Municipal Code (CMC) 4.7.
Eligible organizations are defined as: An organization which has met all of the following criteria for a continuous period of not less than one full year preceding the submittal of an application for the permit required by this chapter (and which continues to do so thereafter):
- The organization must be a duly organized not-for-profit charitable, religious, civic, patriotic or community service organization;
- The organization must be headquartered within and clearly affiliated or identified with the City of Clovis;
- The organization must be one which provides direct and regular community services and benefits to the citizens of the City of Clovis; and
- The organization must hold its regularly scheduled meetings within the City of Clovis.
In order to be considered for the random selection, interested parties should submit a complete application by: April 1, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
Applications can be printed by clicking here, or picked up and returned to the City Clerk’s office at:
City of Clovis Administration
1033 Fifth Street
Clovis, CA 93612
Applicants submitting a complete application will be selected at random to fill the two (2) vacancies. If selected, the applicant will be required to complete additional documentation, secure necessary insurance, and comply with all fireworks sales requirements found in CMC 4.7. Applicants who are not selected shall remain on the list for a period of two (2) years and be selected at random should a vacancy arise. Existing registered firework booths will receive their standard packet directly from the Fire Department. Please direct any questions to (559) 324-2201.