Planning & Development Services • (559) 324-2340
California Environmental Quality Act Reviews
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) (Public Resources Code Section 21000 et seq) requires that local governmental agencies, prior to taking action on projects over which they have discretionary approval authority, consider the environmental consequences of such projects. The purpose of CEQA is:
- Inform governmental decision makers and the public about the potential significant environmental effects of proposed activities.
- Identify ways that environmental damage can be avoided or significantly reduced.
- Prevent significant, avoidable damage to the environment by requiring changes in projects through the use of alternatives or mitigation measures when the governmental agency finds the changes feasible.
- And, disclose to the public the reasons why a governmental agency approved the project in the manner the agency chose, if significant environmental effects are involved.
This site contains environmental reviews for proposed projects conducted by the City in compliance with CEQA.
City of Clovis Water, Wastewater, and Recycled Water Master Plans Update
The City of Clovis is preparing an environmental impact report (EIR) that addresses the potential impacts of the proposed updates to the City of Clovis Water, Wastewater, and Recycled Water Master Plans. These plan updates affect land within the City’s 2014 General Plan planning area. The focused EIR will analyze air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, and water supply.
- Draft Subsequent Focused EIR
- Final Subsequent Focused EIR
- Notice of Availability
- Notice of Preparation
- Notice of Public Hearing
Dry Creek Preserve Master Plan Woodside TM6154
The City of Clovis is proposing to adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the proposed Dry Creek Preserve Master Plan, Annexation Agreement, Woodside General Plan Amendment, prezone and vesting tentative map, and annexation of territory. The Project is generally east of Southeast of the Dry Creek canal, southwest of the Enterprise canal, and north of Nees Avenue.
- 1. Initial Study, Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration, and Notice of Intent
- 2. Environmental Studies
- 3. Biological Letter from Dale Mitchell
- 4. DCP Master Plan
- 5. DCP Annexation Agreement
Shaw Avenue Street Widening Project
The City of Clovis is preparing an environmental impact report (EIR) that addresses the potential impacts of the proposed widening of a two-mile segment of Shaw Avenue between De Wolf Avenue and McCall Avenue. The EIR will focus on evaluating potentially significant environmental effects of the Project as identified in the Initial Study.
- Revised Draft EIR
- Notice of Availability Revised Draft EIR
- Notice of Availability
- Draft Environmental Impact Report
CUP2018-01 Residence Inn
GPA2018-01, R2018-07, TM6225: 94-lot Single-Family Planned Residential Development
The City of Clovis is proposing to adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration for a 94-lot Single-Family Planned Residential Development located at the northeast corner of Ashlan and Locan Avenues.
Clovis Community Medical Center
The City of Clovis is the lead agency and will be preparing an environmental impact report (EIR) for the expansion of the Clovis Community Medical Center campus and widening of Herndon Avenue between Temperance and DeWolf Avenues. The EIR will focus on evaluating potentially significant environmental effects of the Project as identified in the Initial Study.
The proposed Landmark Commons Civic Center North Project (proposed project) consists of construction and operation of a new senior activity center and clinic, public library, and transit center. The proposed project would be developed in multiple phases with full build‐out anticipated in 2020. The project site is in the City of Clovis, Fresno County, California, and is approximately 10 miles northeast of downtown Fresno. The project site is in the Old Town Clovis area and north of the Clovis Veterans Memorial Building and the San Joaquin College of Law.
- LMC – Draft Environmental Impact Report
- Final Environmental Impact Report
- Landmark Commons Initial Study
- Landmark Commons Notice of Completion
- Landmark Commons Notice of Preparation
- LMC – Notice of Availability
- Public Hearing Notice
North Willow Avenue Street Widening Project
The City of Clovis is proposing to adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the proposed North Willow Avenue Street Widening Project. The Project would include widening and improving a 2-mile segment on the east side of Willow Avenue between Copper and Shephard Avenues, within the City of Clovis Sphere of Influence.
CUP2017-16 Costco Tire and Fuel Sale
The City of Clovis is proposing to adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration for a tire service center and fuel station in association with a proposed Costco Wholesale Facility at the northwest corner of Santa Ana and Clovis Avenues.
Shepherd and Minnewawa Traffic Signal
The City of Clovis is proposing to adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the proposed installation of a traffic signal and related road work at the intersection of Shepherd and Minnewawa Avenues.