Planning & Development Services • (559) 324-2340
8 AM – 4 PM • Mon – Fri
California Environmental Quality Act Reviews
The California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) (Public Resources Code Section 21000 et seq) requires that local governmental agencies, prior to taking action on projects over which they have discretionary approval authority, consider the environmental consequences of such projects. The purpose of CEQA is:
- Inform governmental decision makers and the public about the potential significant environmental effects of proposed activities.
- Identify ways that environmental damage can be avoided or significantly reduced.
- Prevent significant, avoidable damage to the environment by requiring changes in projects through the use of alternatives or mitigation measures when the governmental agency finds the changes feasible.
- And, disclose to the public the reasons why a governmental agency approved the project in the manner the agency chose, if significant environmental effects are involved.
This site contains environmental reviews for proposed projects conducted by the City in compliance with CEQA.
The Well Church ISMND
The City of Clovis is proposing to adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration for a church use at the NE corner of Minnewawa and Nees Avenues. The project includes a rezone (R2020-005) and a conditional use permit (CUP2020-006).
- 1. Initial Study
- 2. Appendix A: Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Report
- 3. Appendix B: Biological Resources Report
- 4. Appendix C: Cultural Resource Report
- 5. Appendix D: Traffic Impact Study
City of Clovis Water, Wastewater, and Recycled Water Master Plans Update
The City of Clovis is preparing an environmental impact report (EIR) that addresses the potential impacts of the proposed updates to the City of Clovis Water, Wastewater, and Recycled Water Master Plans. These plan updates affect land within the City’s 2014 General Plan planning area. The focused EIR will analyze air quality, greenhouse gas emissions, and water supply.
Osmun and Baron Multi-Family Project
The City of Clovis is proposing to adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration for a 40-unit multi-family residential development located north of Second Street, between Osmun and Baron Avenues. The Project includes a general plan amendment (GPA2018-003), rezone (R2018-009) and Site Plan Review (SPR2018-018).