Clovis Police Department • (559) 324-2800 (24/7)
For all emergencies, please dial 911!
If you are interested in serving as a Citizen Volunteer for the Clovis Police Department, please review the attached Citizen Volunteer Flyer for program requirements and necessary qualifications before completing and submitting an application packet.
In order to be considered for our program, both the application and the “Letter of Understanding and Agreement” must be completed in their entirety.
Please contact Cpl. Abby Padgett at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We believe volunteer service for our department and the City of Clovis is critical for our community. If you wish to be involved and are interested in giving back to your community, please take a moment to review the Eligibility Requirements that you must meet in order to be considered:
- Minimum age of 21 years old
- Must pass a background check
- No felony convictions
- No misdemeanor convictions within past 2 years
- No outstanding arrest warrants
- No prior termination from any other police program
- No recent illegal drug use (including pot)
- Must possess competent written/verbal English skills
- Must present a positive, professional image to the public and exhibit good manners
- Must be honest & truthful
- Honor confidential Information
- Must be in good physical condition and present a physician-signed medical waiver
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory driving record
- Must pass a Department driver’s training course
- Must be willing to work a minimum of 16 hours per month, with a minimum 6-month time commitment
If you believe you meet these qualifications, then please click here to complete the Citizen Volunteer Application.