Senior Services • (559) 324-2750
8 AM – 5 PM • Mon – Fri
Activities and Info
WHAT: Clovis Senior Services
WHO: City of Clovis – Advisory Committee on Senior Activities(7) Citizens appointed to represent Clovis City Council, Clovis Veteran’s Memorial District, Jolly Times Senior Citizens Club, and Clovis Nutrition Committee
WHEN: Officially established in 1977 by Joint Powers Agreement between City of Clovis, Clovis Unified School District, and Clovis Memorial District.
WHY: To promote independence and self sufficiency among older adult residents of Clovis.
HOW: By coordinating a comprehensive Senior Citizen program to help older adults enhance their dignity, support their independence, and enhance their involvement in and with the community.
- By coordinating and assisting, on a community-wide basis, the work of organizations, professionals, and agencies engaged in providing service.
- By acting as a liaison between community and governmental agencies in the development of community responsibility for meeting the continuing needs of the older adult.
- By providing proper nutrition for the older adult population, and to maintain good health through the Senior Meal Program.
- By providing increased mobility of older persons in Clovis through use of the Mobility Loan Closet, inner-city transportation and daily medical trips outside the City’s sphere of influence.
FUNDING: Funding Sources: City of Clovis, Clovis Veteran’s Memorial District, Title III Older Americans Act funds from the Fresno Madera Area Agency on Aging, special project and fund raising activities.
WHERE: Clovis Senior Activity Center 850 4th Street Clovis CA 93612, (559) 324-2750
About 3,500 Clovis-area residents make use of Senior Activity Services programs, which include:
- Leisure activities
- Educational opportunities
- Advocacy services
- Nutritional lunch and Homebound Meals
- Health/wellness/fitness programs
- Information & Assistance
- Volunteer opportunities
- Tax and forms assistance
Social events range from dances and holiday parties to trips and informal gatherings. On more than a few occasions, single seniors have met and developed meaningful relationships with other singles. In fact, the center has been the site of three weddings. Classes vary in intensity, from low-impact to more strenuous and demanding activities.
Among the services available for seniors at the center is information on qualifying and applying for Renters Assistance, which involves financial aid for low-income seniors.
Please note: The Clovis Senior Center programs are for senior citizens who are independent and can care for their own personal needs. We are not a day care facility and there is no medical staff on site. Seniors are welcome to bring an attendant or care giver with them in order to enjoy our services and programs.
Beginning, Intermediate, Team Line Dancing, as well as couples western dancing is held at the Clovis Senior Activity Center. Sessions start monthly but you may start mid-month. There is no membership fee for the senior center and class fees are below. The minimum age for participation for classes prior to 5:00pm is age 50. After 5:00pm, all ages may participate. The dance class schedule is as follows:
- Beginning Line Dancing: Monday and Friday from 1:00 to 3:00. $20 per month.
- Beginning Line Dancing: Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00 to 3:00. $20 per month.
- Intermediate Line Dancing: Tuesday and Thursday from 3:00 to 5:00. $20 per month.
- Team Dance Class: Monday and Friday from 3:00 to 5:00. $20 per month.
- Couples Western Dance: Monday Evening from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. $12 per month.
- Couples Western/Ballroom: Friday Evening from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. $12 per month.
Western and Freestyle Dance is held every Friday night from 7:30pm to 10:00pm. Dance admission is $5.00 per person.
Join us for free line dance instruction from 7:00pm to 7:30 just prior to the Friday night dance.
Call the center for more information at 559-324-2750