Recreation • (559) 324-2780
10 AM – 7 PM • Mon – Fri
The Clovis Rotary Skatepark
The Clovis Rotary Skatepark is located in Letterman Park on Villa Avenue between Barstow and Bullard Ave’s. The 27,000 sq. ft. concrete skatepark has features for all skaters.
- There is a large street area with ledges, rails, banks and stairs
- The “trog” bowl features multiple depths and plenty of lines
- The pool features stairs, tiles and real pool coping Hours of Operation
- The fully lighted skatepark is open from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
- The skatepark and adjoining Letterman Park has members of Clovis
- Recreation staff present from 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM seven days a week.
Skate Park Rules
Reopening Rules and Guidelines
- Recreation staff will be encouraged to wear masks and gloves during shifts. Staff will maintain a minimum six foot distance from other employees and participants at all times.
- No food or water will be allowed to be brought inside of the skate park.
- The entrance to the skatepark will have signs and reminders with general safe use guidelines:
~ If you don’t feel well, stay home and do not use the skatepark
~ Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds prior to and immediately after using the skate park
~ Maintain a minimum of 6 feet physical distance from other skaters at all times
~ Do not gather in groups or loiter inside or outside the park
- Hand sanitizer will be located at the entrance of the park for the staff and participants to use upon entry and exit of the park.
- No more than 25 skaters inside the park at any time.
- Staff will be stationed inside the entrance the entire shift to ensure proper social distancing and monitor the amount of participants.
- Limited hours of operation.
- 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM Monday – Sunday
Pursuant to Clovis Municipal Code 10.5:
- Helmets are required for all skaters
- Elbow and knee pads should be worn
- Only skateboards,skates and scooters are allowed in the skatepark. Bicycles and other devices are prohibited
- No food or beverages, or food or beverage containers are allowed in the skatepark
- Smoking, alcohol or the use of illegal substances are prohibited
No person shall be in the skatepark outside of the posted hours of operation, i.e., 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- No person shall remain in the skatepark after being given notification by City of Clovis staff that they must vacate the facility
- No person shall enter or exit the skatepark by any means other than by way of the posted entry and exit Any person violating these rules will be subject to the City of Clovis Administrative Citation process
Recreation Center Reservations
The Clovis Batting Range
The City of Clovis and Clovis Recreation own and operate the City of Clovis Batting Range, located at Sierra Bicentennial Park (corner of Sunnyside and Sierra). The facility has been recently remodeled receiving a fresh coat of paint, roof covering and new equipment including 8 baseball pitching machines, 5 softball machines (3 for fast pitch and 2 for slow pitch), an elevator, computerized operating system and new netting.
The facility offers equipment rentals and a full service snack bar. The operation of the batting range allows Clovis Area Recreation to provide the community with access to a practice facility in which to improve baseball or softball batting skills.
Clovis Batting Cages
Reopening Rules and Guidelines
- Recreation Staff will be encouraged to wear a mask and gloves at all times. Staff will maintain a minimum six foot distance from other employees and participants at all times.
- No food will be sold at the batting cages.
- No food or water will be allowed to be brought inside of the batting cages.
- Hand sanitizer will be located at the entrance to the batting cages and to the left and right side of the main entrance.
- Signs and reminders with general safe use guidelines will be posted throughout the cages:
~ If you don’t feel well, stay home and do not use the batting cages
~ Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds prior to and immediately after using the batting cages
~ Maintain a minimum of 6 feet physical distance from batting cage users at all times
~ Do not gather in groups or loiter inside or outside the cages
- Prior to opening to the public all touchable surfaces will be sanitized; for example doorknobs, token machines, tokens, counters and windows.
- There will be one way in and one way out of the facility. The main entrance will be used as entrance only and the side gates on the east and west sides will become exit only.
- Limit the cages to 16 total participants and no more than 1 adult per participant.
- No more than 2 at each cage, 1 person hitting and one waiting.
- An X waiting spot will be placed in the middle of the cage to allow for social distancing.
- All spectators will need to wait along the south wall or in the covered arbors to the east and west of the office maintaining a minimum of six feet of physical distance from one another.
- The public must provide bats and helmet. Staff will not be loaning bats or helmets to the public. All participants must bring their own equipment.
- Recreation staff will clean the door knobs, coin boxes, and other touch points every hour.
- Limit the number of tokens per visit to 5 at time when there is a line.
- One staff person will be stationed at the entrance to review rules and determine which cage is available. If there isn’t an open cage the group will need to wait for one to become available.
Monday – Friday 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The Clovis Batting Range offers several different ways to hit. You can purchase a single token or you can bring your whole team and reserve a cage. The following is a list of the token break downs as well as the cage rental prices:
- 1 token ( 25 Pitches) – $2.00
- 1 Cage for ½ Hour – $25.00
- 1 Cage for 1 Hour – $45.00
- 2 Cages for ½ hour – $45.00
- 2 Cages for 1 Hour – $80.00
- Entire Facility – $250.00 Per Hour
- Half Day – $600.00 (Five Hours)
During the year Clovis Recreation will offer a $50 punch card. This card will be good for 30 rounds of pitches. The card can be used anytime during hours of operation. This card also allows the buyer one free meal. It can be purchased at the City of Clovis Batting Range.