Administration • (559) 324-2060
8 AM – 4:30 PM • MON – FRI
The City of Clovis has two separate homebuyer programs.
- One Program is funded with HOME Program funds, and is temporarily on hold, pending further direction from the State of California and from HUD. As a result the City cannot process nor intake any applications for HOME funded downpayment and mortagage assistance loans.
- The other Program is funded with CalHome Program funds, and is currently accepting participants. The CalHome funded Purchase and Repair Program is administered through Habitat for Humanity, a local non-profit housing developer. The program provides funds to eligible low-income first time homebuyers to purchase a home that is in need of repairs. Habitat for Humanity will screen applicants, assist with the lending application process, inspect homes, and oversee the repair process. Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact Habitat for Humanity first, to ensure the correct first steps are made, at (559) 237-4102, and ask for Marina.
Please return to this page often, preferably daily, to find out when the program is operational once more.
UPDATED February 9, 2023
Are you ready to purchase your first home? Do you qualify as a low income homebuyer? If so, your first step is to qualify for a primary mortgage through one of our approved lenders from 2022-2023-Approved-Lenders-List. The loan officer will ensure you qualify for the program and prepare all needed application documents on your behalf for submittal to the City of Clovis. For more information, please contact (559) 324-2060 or email@example.com.
OTHER HOME OWNERSHIP RESOURCES
There are several other homeownership programs available to the public. They are administered by public and private agencies that can assist you in buying a home.
The additional resources include:
- Community Housing Council FTHB Grant
- Habitat for Humanity
- Self Help Enterprises – New Construction
- Self-Help Enterprises – Down Payment Assistance
- California Housing Finance Agency
- Golden State Finance Authority
- Federal Home Loan Bank San Francisco Resources for FTHBs