The City of Clovis is currently accepting applications for the 2019 Clovis Citizens Academy. Clovis residents are invited to apply to attend workshops, taking place two evenings in September, which will provide attendees with a more thorough understanding of how their city government operates.
Some of the hands-on experiences being planned include:
- Climb aboard our Old Town Clovis Trolley to tour and hear from City experts about:
- How did Old Town get where it is now and what might Clovis look like in 100 years?
- The major residential, business and civic projects taking place across Clovis
- Learn about Landmark Commons, location of our new Clovis Senior Activity Center and Transit Hub
- Hear from City Councilmembers about their vision for The City of Clovis
- Tour the Clovis Police Department with new Police Chief Curt Fleming and learn more about our City’s ongoing efforts to remain the Safest City in the Valley
- Find out more about the Clovis Fire Department with Chief John Binaski and learn about the newest firefighting technology and techniques being used in the City of Clovis
Luke Serpa, City Manager for the City of Clovis said, “We are excited for the opportunity to engage with Clovis residents for this 2019 Academy. The hope is that they will walk away from the experience with additional knowledge about how their City operates and with a passion to become more involved in the process.”
The 2019 Clovis Citizens Academy will take place in the evenings of September 18th & 25th from 5:30-8:30p in the City of Clovis. There is no cost to attend and dinners will be provided.
To apply for the 2019 Clovis Citizens Academy please visit https://cityofclovis.com/2019-clovis-citizens-academy/
or call (559) 324-2436. Space is limited. Deadline for application is August 1, 2019 at the close of business.