We have become aware that curb painters are soliciting in several Clovis neighborhoods and we wanted clarify a few things.
- Addresses on curbs are not required in the city of Clovis.
- Businesses or persons must have a valid Clovis business license and permit to solicit door to door sales or service.
- If you have a “No Soliciting” sign posted visibly at your front door, even if they have a permit, they may not contact you. We provide a free sign to print and post here: https://cityofclovis.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/NoSoliciting.pdf
Here are a few phone numbers and points of contact if you have any questions-
- To report a suspicious person, suspicious activity, or subjects soliciting without a permit, please call our nonemergency phone number for the police department at 559-324-2800.
- To inquire about obtaining a business license in the city of Clovis, please call 559-324-2112.