Administration • (559) 324-2060
8 AM – 4:30 PM • MON – FRI
Councilmember Lynne Ashbeck
“The success of Clovis is the combination of three fundamental principles–a commitment to our heritage; a clear and consistent vision for our future; and pursuing excellence in all we do. From the banners along the Heritage Walk to our state-of-the-art Research and Technology Park, Clovis works every day to maintain position as the Valley’s leading community for jobs, safety, schools, and families.
The people who call Clovis ‘home’ make the difference here. We work hard to engage our residents and business owners in the process of building our community. We believe doing so is paramount to our success. Whenever possible, we turn to the people who live and work in Clovis for their thoughts and feelings. Whether it’s about encouraging infill development, establishing a traffic pattern, creating a park, or building a senior center or library, we involve our residents as much as possible in the process.
Conversation, civic engagement and involvement all around mean a better quality of life and a better community. And that’s what Clovis is all about.”
- First elected to office: March 2001 (Mayor 2003 – 2005); re-elected 2005, 2009, 2013 (Mayor 2013 – 2015), 2017; current term expires March 2021.
- Serving on boards and commissions: Vice-Chair, Fresno County Transportation Authority; Vice-Chair, Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission (Governor-appointed); California Partnership for the San Joaquin Valley (Governor-appointed); Fresno Community Health Improvement Partnership, Co-Founder; Clovis Hall of Fame Steering Committee; Valley Public Radio Community Advisory Board
- Past volunteer activities: Board of Trustees, Fresno Pacific University; Fresno County Council of Governments, Board Member; Honorary Co-Chair, Clovis Unified School District 2012 “Yes on A” Campaign; Co-Chair, Measure C Steering Committee; Regional Jobs Initiative Co-Chair; United Way Women’s Initiative, Co-Founder; Leadership Fresno: Steering Committee chairperson (1995 – 97), Alumni Association president (1991), Alumnus of the Year (1994), Class Four graduate (1988); New United Way Board of Directors; Community Food Bank Board of Directors; Junior League of Fresno Board of Directors; California Dietetic Association, Central Valley president (partial listing)
- Awards and Recognitions: CSUF, Top Dog Alumni of the Year, 2017; Fresno County Board of Supervisors, Public Health Champion, 2015; Phi Kappa Phi Alumni of the Year, California State University, Fresno, April 2012; Friend of Nursing, Central Valley Coalition of Nursing Organizations and Nursing Leadership Council of the Central San Joaquin Valley, April 2010; Advancing the Common Good, United Way of Fresno County, April 2010; 100 Influential Women, Business Street, March 2008; Top Ten Business Professional Women, Marjaree Mason Center, 2007; Clovis Soroptomists’ Woman of Distinction, April 2005; California School Nurse Organization, Central Valley Section, Lyda Smiley Award, 2003 (recognizing contributions to school nursing); City of Clovis Business/Professional Woman of the Year, 2001 (partial listing)
- Previous City of Clovis experience: Planning Commission, including three terms as Chair (1989 – 2000); Personnel Commission (1987 – 89)
- Current employment: Senior Vice President, Community Engagement and Population Wellness, Valley Children’s Healthcare
Councilmember Ashbeck may be contacted via email or by phone at the number below.