Clovis Fire Department • (559) 324-2200 • For all emergencies, please dial 911
Clovis Fire Explorer Post 330
The Clovis Fire Explorer Program is a division of the Learning for Life Program and is sponsored by the City of Clovis Fire Department. The main goal is to train young men and women in areas of the fire service and to assist them in pursuing goals to become full-time firefighters.
The Clovis Fire Department Explorer Post is organized in a similarly to the Fire Department. Explorers participate in meetings, drills, public relation events and other activities. Explorers who successfully pass a series of tests and training may be eligible to participate in the ride-along program, allowing them to respond with Fire Department personnel on fire apparatus to actual emergencies.
An Explorer Program consists of four specific goals:
- Gain practical experience in a career, special interest or skill
- Engage in a program of activities centered on six experience areas: career, leadership, service, social interaction, fitness and the outdoors
- To learn from positive role models, adults and peers alike, while learning leadership skills of their own
- The Explorer shall have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring and educational environment
How to become an Explorer:
- Age: Any person, male or female between the ages of 15 and 20, is eligible to participate in the City of Clovis Fire Department Explorer Program.
- Residency: All members must reside within the Clovis Unified School District or have graduated from any of those schools. All children of City of Clovis employees will also be eligible regardless of their primary residence location.
- Education: All Explorers must maintain a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average.
- Legal Guardian Approval: An applicants parent or legal guardian will be required to provide written approval prior to submission of an application for acceptance into the post.
To apply, return completed application to Clovis Fire Headquarters at 1233 Fifth St. Clovis, CA.