By now you have all seen the statewide order for residents, including those living in Clovis, to stay at home and have questions about what it means for your work and personal lives.
We have questions as well and are looking to the State to provide additional direction, but please know that we are not waiting around in the meantime. The work we do as a City continues.
The essential operations of the City are taking place today, just as they always have.
We will work through some of the unanswered specifics in the days to come- but here is what we do know:
- When you call 911- Clovis Police and Fire will respond with the high level of service you have come to expect from our public safety employees.
- Water services are functioning as normal and there will be no change to service.
- Sewage removal is operating as normal. We will ask that you refrain from flushing cleaning wipes and paper towels as those items could clog your pipes and have a negative impact on the overall system.
- Residential and commercial trash pickup will take place on your regular service day. Community cleanup days will continue as scheduled.
- We are rebating all convenience fees for utility payments made online or over the phone. We have also temporarily stopped all water shut-offs due to failure to pay the bill. For questions about your utility bill please call: 559-324-2130
- Parks and trails are open and we are continuing our normal maintenance services. If you use parks and trails, please follow the State’s direction on social distancing and regular hand washing.
- Starting Monday, March 23, Transit is operating Stageline fixed-route service with reduced hours and frequency. Roundup service for people with a disability will be operating reduced hours. In addition, we are practicing social distancing on our transit buses, so you will see some seats taped off to help with spacing of passengers.
- Stageline will be on a Holiday schedule Monday – Friday and normal schedule on Saturday. Holiday schedule: https://cityofclovis.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/holiday-schedule-19-20.pdf
- Round Up service will be available for those in need of transportation to essential services.
- Transit phone lines will remain open and staff will be available to assist passengers with trip planning and questions: (559) 324-2770
- All public counters are temporarily closed for face to face interactions but City Hall remains open for business by phone. Planning and Development services is accepting in-person appointments for Building Permit Issuance only. Plans and applications may be dropped off in the PDS lobby calling the Engineering, Building or Planning Main line.
- Administration: (559) 324-2060
- Finance: (559) 324-2130
- Personnel: (559) 324-2725
- Building: (559) 324-2390
- Planning: (559) 324-2340
- Engineering (559) 324-2350
- Senior Center (559) 559-324-2750
- Recreation (559) 324-2780
To see a complete list of impacts to meetings, facilities, programs and services please go to: https://cityofclovis.com/covidinfo/
You can also report an issue or make contact with any City of Clovis department through our Go Clovis app. You can download it for free in your app store.
Please continue to follow our city website and social media accounts for updates.