Clovis Transit • (559) 324-2770
7 AM – 7 PM • Mon – Fri | 7:30 AM – 3 PM • Sat – Sun
Clovis Transit is excited to announce the implementation of a “Zero Fare Model,” allowing passengers to ride free of charge on both Stageline (fixed route) and Round Up (paratransit).
In an effort to minimize potential COVID-19 spread between the public and our drivers, the buses are cleaned everyday and barriers have been installed between seats. Notice: Face Masks are required.
This action will continue until the order, issued today by the City, is lifted. To view: Emergency Order 2020-09
We continue to operate on our regular schedule.
We ask that everyone using Clovis Transit carefully observe social distancing guidelines. Seats on our buses and vans have been marked for you to know where it is safe to sit. Please follow those instructions carefully for your safety and the safety of others.
The Statewide stay at home order remains in effect and this is not the time to make unnecessary trips. If you are sick or have an underlying health condition, please stay home.
Two transit lines serve the Clovis area:
- Stageline operates along fixed routes with regularly scheduled stops,from 6:15 am to 6:30 pm Monday through Friday with limited Saturday service. Please view the maps for limited Saturday service. FAX route 9 operates in Clovis on Shaw Avenue weekdays from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm and weekends from 8:11 am to 3:15 pm.
- Round Up is a demand-response service for disabled residents who call in advance to schedule trips. Service hours are 6:15 a.m. to 7:15 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Round Up weekend service is limited to trips in Clovis only. Service to Fresno is 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
All Clovis transit vehicles – Stageline buses are teal-colored with the transit logo and Round Up buses are red, white and blue — are accessible in line with Americans with Disabilities Act standards.
For Stageline routes and information, call (559) 324-2770
For Round Up reservations and information, call (559) 324-2760
- Passengers ride FREE of charge!
- Stageline service runs Monday through Friday, with limited service on Saturday.
Policies and Route Maps
Round Up offers FREE service throughout the metropolitan area, providing rides for disabled residents of Clovis who need to travel in Clovis, Fresno and nearby areas. Riders must complete and submit an Americans with Disabilities Act form and be approved for eligibility before using Round Up for the first time. The form is available by telephoning (559) 324-2760 or by clicking the link below.
Passengers ride FREE of charge!
If you have been certified as eligible for ADA paratransit service by another transit agency and have proof of your certification, you may ride for 21 days while your application is being processed. Riders may phone to arrange a ride up to 14 days in advance, but at least the working day prior during regular office hours. Riders may call (559) 324-2760 to schedule a ride. See the Roundup brochure for more information.
Round Up service hours are 6:15 a.m. to 7:15 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Weekend service is limited to trips in Clovis only. Service to Fresno is 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Policies and Applications
Dolly the Trolley is not available for rent at this time. However, Dolly is available to ride on the Route 50 during this winter season.
Perfect for your Special Event
Book Dolly the Trolley by selecting an available date and completing the form below. Yellow is pending and Red is confirmed.
Need to transport a large group? The Clovis Transit trolley bus can accommodate 26-30 passengers in comfort. Trips must be within 50 miles of the City Corporation Yard at 155 N. Sunnyside Ave.
The trolley is perfect for:
- Corporate/Non-Profit events
- Church groups
- Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties
- Parking lot shuttles
- Sightseeing/wine tasting
- Holiday celebrations
Regular hourly trolley rental rate is $125.00 per hour or any fraction thereof. The rental rate on City holidays is $140.00 per hour. There is a minimum of two hours per rental. The hourly rental time is calculated in the following manner:
- Trips starting with Clovis City Limits: Rental time starts at the pick-up address.
- Trips starting outside Clovis City Limits: Rental time starts when the trolley leaves the City yard at 155 N. Sunnyside Ave.
- After the initial two hours, consecutive waiting hours are $50.00 per hour wait time for when the driver is waiting but the bus is not in motion.
- After the initial four hours at the full-price rate, a reduced rate of $75.00 is in effect.
- Refunds are not given for unused time. At the time of booking, carefully consider the time needed for your event.
- An additional $100 fee will be charged in the event of a bodily fluid clean-up.
- A $50 fee will be charged if the vehicle is left in poor condition: trash, spills, etc.
Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission (EOC) is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation that has administered the local Sanctuary and Youth Services Safe Place program since 1998. The Safe Place program provides any at-risk youth between the age of 11 and 17 years access to the EOC Sanctuary Youth Shelter (Safe Place Sanctuary) located at 1545 N Street in downtown Fresno.
The success of the program is attributed to the partnership that Safe Place established among local businesses and public agencies. These locations display the Safe Place sign or decal on storefronts and public facilities. Youth may request Safe Place assistance from personnel at these locations. CLOVIS TRANSIT joined this effort in 2017 by identifying all buses as Safe Place locations. CLOVIS TRANSIT bus operators and staff will assist in providing youth, in crisis, transportation to the Safe Place Sanctuary.
It is Clovis Transit’s policy to make reasonable modifications to its policies, practices, or procedures when requested to do so by individuals with disabilities.
Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis and may be denied on one or more of the following grounds:
- Granting the request would fundamentally alter the nature of Clovis Transit’s service, programs, or activities;
- Granting the request would create a direct threat to the health or safety of the requestor or others;
- Granting the request would create an undue hardship for Clovis Transit; or
- The modification is not necessary for the individual with a disability to fully use Clovis Transit’s services, programs, or activities for their intended purpose.
In determining whether to grant a request for modification, Clovis Transit will review and consider all aspects of the requested modification as outlined in this policy, including but not limited to, the similarity of the request to the examples outlined in the provisions of United States Department of Transportation 49 CFR Appendix E to Part 37.169; such examples will be used as guidance in making a determination if the request is a reasonable modification.
In the event of a mass disaster, Clovis Transit will make available its Emergency Evacuation Database to Clovis Fire Department to assist in evacuation planning for residents who may require transportation assistance. Any Clovis resident who may need transportation assistance in the event of an emergency requiring evacuation can call Clovis Transit at (559)324-2770 for more information. The information in the database will be used by emergency responders to determine what type, if any, of transportation is needed.